This guide will assist those who manage explosives sites, licensed by the HSE under the Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations (MSER) 2005(as amended), if they need to justify that it is acceptable, for persons not directly involved in explosives operations, to occupy a non-explosives building that is inside the Inhabited Building Distance (IBD) of a Potential Explosion Site (PES). Such justification will require demonstration that an equivalent level of safety is provided for those people, to that which would be achieved by the application of the relevant Separation Distance.
This guide describes accepted practice within the explosives industry. By following the guidance, persons would normally be compliant with their legal duties. HSE and the explosives industry may refer to this guidance as illustrating good practice.
click here: EIG_CBI Occupied Buildings Guide v1
Security of Explosives in Transport Aide Memoire for VOSA and HSE Inspectors for HSE Licensed Explosive Sites
There have been many requests for EIG to republish its guide to "Fireworks Safety Information"
The updated guide can be downloaded here – EIG FW 2007 Guide
You may wish to know that all back issues of Fireworks are now back in print.
You can order any you require at: http://www.fireworks-mag.org/back.htm
To see the contents of any particular issue, click the issue number, but return to the Back Issues page (on which you started) to order and go onto the next issue in which you are interested.
To order on http://www.fireworks-mag.org/back.htm click ‘Add To Basket’ to the right of UK ONLY (or ‘Outside UK Only’ if appropriate). We have re-printed all issues, many of which have been out of print for many years. The new printings are usually of a better quality than the original.
Thank you. Best regards, John Bennett
The Journal of Pyrotechnics is pleased to announce that all the content of the Journal is now available online at http://archive.jpyro.com. This marks a major step forward for the Journal and will offer instant access, via PayPal subscription, to the archive of material from the Journal, dating back to 1995. The database of archives offers the following features:
- Abstract, keywords, and authors are fully searchable
- All archive material is available as Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files for consistency with the printed materials
- Links from each article to available supplementary information or errata (Note – supplementary information and errata are free to download)
- Freely downloadable reviews and short articles
- Subscription rates for downloading archive materials (*) are presently a flat $10 per article or $25 per issue. Once subscribed to a particular article or issue this allows unlimited access to that item
- Annual subscriptions to access the entire archive (*) are available – these allow downloading of any of the archive material for a period of one year (discounts available to subscribers of the hard copy Journal)
- Subscriptions are also available for academic and industrial institutional use
- RSS feed is available to notify you of new entries on the archive
- Each article has an area for feedback or discussion (moderated by us)
To access the archive material you will need to register on the site (http://archive.jpyro.com/wp-register.php) and be logged in.
(*) – NOTE: Downloaded material is for personal use only. Hard copies can be made for your own use, but not for publication elsewhere, nor for duplication and distribution to others.